Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Lily and Emery turn 2!

Our precious twin girls turned 2! I will never forget the day we found out we were having TWO babies...I went to have an ultrasound at the fertility doctor by myself and when they told me there were two I just laughed...when I made my phone calls to family and friends (including Mike), I started each conversation by saying "God only gives you what you can handle...right?!?!" He definitely had a plan for us and I am so grateful for my little red and blonde headed blessings.
We enjoyed a very relaxing day to celebrate their actual birthday. Since there are two of them I had to take twice as many picture and because Lily is the older sister by 11 minutes, I put pictures of her first!
Good Morning Birthday Girl!

Good Morning Birthday Girl!

One of the advantages of Daddy working for a gas company is that we can have helium balloons any time of the day!

We had yummy chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast.

We did not pass up an opportunity to light candles and sing "Happy Birthday" through out the day!

Aubrey was glad her sisters had a birthday so she could have chocolate chip pancakes!

Carter's breakfast doesn't look quite as delicious, poor guy!

That morning we went next door to our neighbors pool to show Nana our swimming skills then we came home, had lunch and took naps. After naps, Lily and Emery got to decorate their own birthday cakes.They had a great time decorating their cakes with icing and sprinkles and were very proud of themselves.

The girls spent most of the time Nana was here piled up on her lap. Emery was doing everything she could not to look at the camera and smile so Aubrey tried to help the situation by tickling her. This was the best picture I got!
We had Lily and Emery's favorite dinner, pizza and watermelon.
Happy Birthday dear Lily!
Happy Birthday dear Emery!
The girls waited patiently all day to open their presents so Daddy could be there to watch them.
Now we all have bug catchers and necklaces with our initials on them.

3 comments:

Christy said...

So sweet! Happy Birthday! I love the decorating the cake idea!!

The Junods said...

what a fun day. love the cake decorating. you do such a good job of making them each feel so special.

shannonmichaelis said...

love the big sis shirts! you do a great job making sure each one feels special on their bday. that last picture makes all of them look so old! where has the time gone?