Sunday, September 26, 2010

Lingerie Shower/Bachelorette Party

The kids and I went to Fort Worth/Dallas so I could help throw a lingerie shower for my soon-to-be sister-in-law, Kim. My mom and brother watched the kids in Fort Worth while we threw the shower at my brother's house in Dallas. It was an afternoon shower so we decided to have a chocolate fountain and all the delicious things you can dip in chocolate.

We kept all the decorations simple and classy.

The shower was hosted by my other sister-in-law, Lori (on the left) and Kim's best friend, Meggie (on the right).

As Kim open each gift we came up with a name for the piece of lingerie that she received. Later they rewrapped each item and attached the nametag to it. Kim took all the wrapped gifts on her honeymoon and Drew got to re-open them.

Meggie gave Kim this t-shirt and a pair of socks as a joke. We gave it a very creative name hoping Drew would be a little suprised when he opened it. The best part is that it looks exactly like a shirt he would actually wear!

After the shower, we went out for a bachelorette party with Kim dressed in her "bachelorette" attire.

We all got fancy rings to wear for the evening.

The girls at dinner.

The whole day was a blast. I really enjoyed getting to know some of Kim's friends better. They are all wonderful people.

No comments: