Monday, June 29, 2009

Vacation Bible School

I don't have any pictures from our week at VBS but I wanted to share about this wonderful experience. At Foundry, kids cannot go to VBS until they have finished kindergarten unless a parent volunteers. I have been helping for the past 3 years (since Aubrey was 5 months old). The past two years I have lead a group of kids to each station which is mostly a supervising position but this year my dear friend, Sarah, and I lead one of the bible study stations. This was more of a teaching position which had both of us in our element. We were able to help the kids experience some of the stories about Moses in the bible....from him talking to God in the burning bush to him leading the Isrealites out of Egypt to the Promised Land. It was amazing to watch the impact that the whole week had on each of those kids. God sightings were happening all over the place. More importantly, this was the first year Aubrey was in the preschool part of VBS instead of the nursery. She learned exactly what the elementary age kids did but on a smaller scale. They had bible lessons, did crafts, had snacks, played games and went to music. She was very excited to go to VBS each day (although a couple of times she asked if we were going to HEB but I knew what she meant!) The best part for me is to watch all three girls sing along and do the hand motions to the music from the curriculum. We love to play it LOUDLY in the car! Aubrey has already asked if she can go back to VBS and I have promised her that she will get to go each summer! God is good!

No comments: