Monday, June 29, 2009

Father's Day

Aubrey, Lily, Emery and Carter have been blessed with an amazing Daddy. I don't think Mike ever imagined he would be a father of four precious children but he sure does a great job with them. People always ask me how I do it and I tell them I couldn't do it without the help of my wonderful husband. The girls especially love the evening time with their Daddy when he gives them a bath (I have to say it is the most thorough, soapy bath I have ever seen!) and puts them to bed reading stories and saying prayers. I cherish the moments I overhear Mike talking to our children about everything from why it rains to many of the stories in the bible. He is able to give explanations to those questions that not all of us have patience for and they listen to him with such admiration and innocence. These are special moments and qualities about their Dad that they will grow up to treasure.
This Father's Day we went over to Scott and Cindy's in the evening and enjoyed some time in the pool.
The Hall girls swimming with their Daddy, Morgan and Maddie.
This was the first Father's Day William spent without his dad. Jay Chenoweth is in our thoughts every day and we miss him dearly!
The days of falling asleep anywhere and actually staying there. I guess all the partying wore him out!

No comments: